"Elegance is the balance between proportion, emotion and surprise" Valentino

Friday, July 15, 2011

THE ROW FIRST BAG LINE



I'm still doubtful about Mary-Kate and Ashley's new handbag line, freshly launched with a party at Barney's.
The Olsen twins proved themselves to be real fashion designers scoring a CFDA Award nomination this year and I do love their clothing line. But the bags... Hum, I'm not sure there.
The whole history makes me think about Victoria Beckham, Posh Spice-turned-fashion designer who recently added to her ready-to-wear line some luxurious handbags. Again, her clothes work well as chic evening gowns and in a way that its truly hers, but her bags just don't tell me nothing.
The same for these The Row purses: they might be beautiful and practical, but they don't bring anything new or unseen to the magical Designer Bags World.
Looking at them, I would say these bags are from CĂ©line or Alexander Wang, with the only difference that they aren't.




No comments:

Post a Comment