"Elegance is the balance between proportion, emotion and surprise" Valentino

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

THE LAST BITE OF SUMMER

July has not yet reached is half, that already August magazine covers are out.
Fashion runs very fast...
Generally speaking, I found interesting the choice of August cover girls:
Beautiful, strong and intelligent women in elegant, lady-like, flattering gowns from designers I love.
And the sub-title of British Vogue, "New Beginnings", that suits for new bride Kate Moss as well as for fashion and we all, it's encouraging.
So, let's taste the last bite of summer, looking forward to see what September has in store for us!


Kate Moss in Miu Miu by Mario Testino


Tilda Swinton by Tim Walker


Sarah Jessica Parker by Mario Testino


Lara Stone in Haider Ackermann


Anne Hathaway in Gucci

4 comments:

  1. A big fan of Kate Moss, and just love British Vogue's cover. Despite the bold red lip gloss, the lighting and softness of the clothes is perfect!

    As much as I adore Anne Hathaway as a cover model (she has a lovely look), this cover is utterly boring and well, typical of an American magazine, though usually it is American Vogue.

    SJP hmmn... Not sold. I usually like her Vogue covers. American Vogue just adores her, non? I also find the editorial to be quite bland. I like SJP as Carrie Bradshaw with her curly hair out and some phenomenal ensemble with amazing shoes, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, but what's about Tilda as David Bowie? just love love her!!
    And as for Lara Stone, I posted that cover only because of the Ackermann's look.
    Thanks for your comment by the way, enjoy this dialogue about fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Tilda I didn't like. The woman is so atypical of cover girls, and a mighty fine actress.

    The Vogue Paris cover - I like it. I like it a lot. I'm a little anxious because I have been disappointed by EA's Vogue, so I don't want to get too excited! Look out for my review when the issue comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to reading your review!
    but why they need to make it sensual every single time at Vogue?
    Lara is already a sexy girl without showing her tights...

    ReplyDelete