"Elegance is the balance between proportion, emotion and surprise" Valentino

Saturday, January 22, 2011

ABOUT BEING CLEVER (SALES STRATEGY)

Let's put in bluntly from the beginning: I love sales. Who doesn't, by the way? I wait for them the whole year, for having the opportunity to take home some designer treasurer avoiding a hurricane Katrina's effect on my bank account. JBrand jeans at 50€, an Aickermann dress at 200€: Am I dreaming or what?

But, there's a but: sales were invented to make room for all the upcoming new season delicacies. Therefore, they come at the end of the season. When you have already bought what you really needed.

So, the problem are the following: Do you mind or you don't care about buying season hits that would be "hits" only for a couple of months?

I have adopted this strategy to solve this sales dilemma.

First of all, I take a look at the Pre-Fall usually released in the some period, to know what's gonna be still hot next fall (see previous post "Pre-Fall 2011 Review).

Examples: Aviator jackets proposed in the Givenchy Pre-Fall 2011 (left) aren't so different from the ones that walked the Burberry Fall 2010 show (right).


Brown and khaki, as for the '70s trend, will be must-to-have still in the Fall 2011.

Second strategy: buy timeless classics.



A gray sweater (Vanessa Bruno) and a black skirt (APC) putted together make a trendy winter look, but separately they are everyday basics.

Warning: sportswear will be totally out next winter. Wear it this spring is your last chance.

Same concept for the trousers (Uniqlo J+):


I've chosen them in Navy blue and Khaki, both to match a black cachemire sweater.

But, of course, I greet myself with some treats like these Christopher Kane shoes (-70% on luisaviaroma.com).


I'm reasonable but not beyond reason.

Have a good shopping you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment